Did anybody ever try to tell you about a new way to market without an email list? You may have even seen coaches talking about how they dislike email, funnels, and marketing in general. But, the facts are obvious. Email marketing is not dead. In fact, email marketing has a higher ROI than any other form of marketing. It might even be the very best marketing ever invented. Here are several reasons why you need an email list.
* To Grow a Sustainable Business – The reason is that your list is your business. Your list will sustain you, no matter what happens to the online algorithms, or whether the social platform dies tomorrow.
* You Own the List – The list is something you own. Depending on how you use your list, you can make money from your list. Sending them offers, along with useful information, that your subscribers can put into action. Another way is selling ad space in your newsletter. You can become as creative as you like. But the point is, you own your list.
* You Have a Direct Line to Your Audience – When you have people on your list, you can email them directly, or put them in your autoresponder system. It is not like your social media updates, which your friend may or may not see.
* Without a List You do not have a Business – Whether you realize it or not, funnels are important if you want to have a successful, long-term business. It’s how your audience travels through the buying cycle, which is an important part of building a real business.
* You Can Sell Your Business – When you have a lot of customers on your list, you actually have an asset that you can sell. Without the list, you are unlikely to be able to make much money. The more responsive your list is, the more money you are going to make.
* It is a Great Way to Build Relationships – You can build a great relationship with your subscribers, by sending updates about what is happening in your life and business. Through email you can talk to your contacts more personally, than you would via social media.
* Get More traffic – When you have a sizable list, and you send them updates about your blogs, you get more traffic. They will go and read your blog, and perhaps share your link with their friend, giving you even more traffic.
* Key Business success Indicator – One way to tell how well your business is doing now, and in the long term, is that your list is steadily growing, with an ever increasing response rate. You can tell if something is not right, when people unsubscribe at a high rate, or your conversion rate goes down.
* It can be Like a Mini ATM – This is sort of rude, but it is possible. Whenever you need extra money, and have a responsive list, a good offer to your list, that is relevant, can give you a nice boost in income.
* Make More Sales – It is a fact, that you are going to make more sales through email marketing, than selling straight off your website. You can even see bigger companies like Amazon, and Overstock.com, use email marketing.
* Email is Better than Social Media – You may love social media. You may have some wonderful results from social media. But, think of this, MySpace, Blab, and even Facebook, and Twitter change things around, and make it harder to market to your audience. They may even totally disappear, unlikely, but possible. But your email list will always be yours. You can use the list in any way that is legal, and ethical.
Building an email list will take some time. Whether you grow your list slow, or rapidly, you do need to build your list. Building a great email list, full of targeted subscribers, can make you sales, and will give you have a better, and more sustainable business.