You don’t have to be an extrovert to be good at selling. In fact, there is no better time to succeed, even if you are an introvert, than today. With the advent of email marketing, automatic sales pages, and all the technology behind selling today, it is an introvert’s paradise.
* Processes Are Your Friends – When you create a sales funnel, it helps you to create a complete process for selling. Following the process will make the sales easier, and without a lot of pressure on you, or your customers.
* Automation Does What You Cannot – An autoresonder is a wonderful tool to automate email follow-ups, and getting information to your leads, allowing you to nurture your prospects. Once you set it up, and can basically forget it.
* Always study your numbers – Tracking means a lot to you, and it gives you the information you need to make decisions, on what is working, and what is not working. People sometimes do not like to hear this, but selling is a numbers game. You learn, for instance, that you need to make twenty contacts, in order to make one sale. You want to make more sale? Find more ways to make extra contacts.
* Be Nice to People – It is all about what you can do for your prospect. If you have a great product or service, that solves problems for them, you are going to feel good telling them about it.
* Focus on Relationships – Introverts do not like to talk about themselves, which is good, because it is all about your prospects. Which ever way you contact people, whether on social media, by email, or in person, focus on building a relationship with them.
* Use Your Listening Skills – We have two ears, and one mouth, and there is a reason for that. You probably had the idea that you had to do a lot of talking to make a sale. The truth is, the more you listen, the more you will learn about your potential client, making it easier to make the sale.
* Be a Resource – Be helpful to your prospective clients. The more resourceful you are, like sending them information that is useful to them, the more likely you are to make the sale.
* Delay the Sale but Ask for the Order – Don’t be in a hurry to close the sale. Yes, you will need to ask for the sale, through your call to action, but you don’t have to rush it, or be pushy. It probably won’t feel natural to you as an introvert, just be at ease, and things will work out.
There is a science to closing a sale, and if you study that science, you will have a lot of success. Do not allow anyone to tell you that introverts cannot sell. Many introverts are great at selling, sometimes even better than extroverts, because they are not as forceful, and people like being around them.