You may have read that email marketing is dying. Guess what … Fake News. According to “Email Marketing Is Not Dead” (emailisnotdead.com), there are many stats to prove that point. They collect stats about email marketing, and those stats are quite interesting. Let us look at a few.
* People Prefer Email for Communication with Businesses – This is a huge one. When you realize that people prefer email communication, rather than talk to you in person, or talk to you via social media, then you will know how important it is to maintain email marketing connections with your prospects and customers.
* Be Mobile Friendly – People are connected almost 24/7, and more than ever through mobile devices. So you want to make sure that your email messages, and your website are mobile friendly.
* B2B Email Marketing – If you are promoting to businesses, and business owners, then you are in luck, because 55%, or more, of sales are attributed to email marketing messages, and email communication.
* Client Acquisition – Email communication is 40 times better at converting a prospect into a customer, than social media. This is enough for most people to realize, that they need to build their email lists, and market to their customers via email.
* Return On Investment (ROI) Is Amazing – When done correctly, email marketing has an amazing ROI, usually about 24 times of cost. So if you spend a dollar on email marketing, chances are you will get 24 dollars back for your efforts.
* Youngsters Still Use Email – One argument against email of late is that millennials do not use email. This is false. Email usage has stayed the same. Pretty much every site, bank, and for invoicing, people are asked for an email address, and they use email to communicate with everyone. If anything, millennials do not like snail mail, but they do like email, and they keep it right near them, with their costly mobile devices.
* Social Media Is an Addition, Not a Replacement – When you realize that you do not own social media networks, you know how important email addresses are, because any of the social media outlets may disappear. Yes, use all the new ways to connect with your audience, but never let go of email, at least not yet.
* Your Competitors Are Using Email – This is one of the most important things to remember. Your competition is using email, and they are using it successfully. It may seem like a lot of work to build your list, and create email series, and do email marketing correctly. However, it is more effective than social media, and that is a fact, or the big companies would stop doing it. In fact, even spammers would stop using email if their campaigns did not work.
If you want to build a successful online business, and maintain it successfully in the long-term, no matter what happens in the social media world, then you will want to work hard building your email list. And as you start communicating and marketing to your prospective customers, you will soon discover the power of email marketing, and why it is so important for your business.