It is not unusual for a person to think they are doing worse than they actually are. Some of us are just pessimistic. Progress can also be hard to see sometimes, unless you are looking in the right places for it.
If you feel like you are working hard with little to show for it, you are probably mistaken. It is likely that you are doing a lot better than you think!
Consider these positive signs:
1. You learn the lesson that each mistake and failure provide. If you can learn something from every failure and mistake, it will not take long before you are incredibly successful.
- Most people repeat their errors over and over, whether it’s over spending or choosing a partner. People have a strong tendency to repeat their behaviors. But you can choose to act differently than you did the last time you were in a similar situation!
2. You are clear on what you want. This can be half the battle. You have a huge advantage over the competition if you know what you want. Most people are aimlessly floating through life.
3. You spend your time wisely. Spend your time well, and good things will happen. Spend your time poorly, and your life will be a train wreck.
- When deciding what you are going to do next, ask yourself what the best use of your time would be. Then, do it.
4. You are making regular progress. Consistent progress is a great sign. Even if you feel like you are light years from your goal, all you need is regular progress. Many people have been dieting for years and have not lost a single pound. Even a pound of weight loss each month is meaningful over a period of time.
5. You are consistent in your efforts. Successful people put in some work on a daily basis. success is not about working really hard for a day here and there.
- Being consistent in your efforts also means that you are sticking to your goals. Working for a week on one goal and then changing your mind and working on something else is a path to nowhere.
6. You are not alone. There are people that are alone in the world. If you are not alone, you are doing better than many others.
7. You are optimistic. When you are optimistic, there is hope. When you are optimistic, you will take action.
- Conversely, when your expectations are low, you quickly become stuck, because you believe your efforts will be a waste of time.
8. You are determined. Commitment is a great sign that you are going places. Good things happen when you are determined.
9. You are not worried about the opinions of others. If you care too much about what others think, you will prefer to play it safe, and you will not do anything significant. You can leave them and their opinions in the dust behind you!
10. You have a dry, warm place to sleep. If you have ever had to go without this, you know how nice this is. If you do not have to deal with this situation, then you are doing better than you think.
11. You have a job. A steady income is a great thing. Many people either cannot find work or are unable to maintain employment. Even if you are earning less than you would like, it is a lot better than earning nothing at all.
12. You are healthy. If you are basically healthy, you have a huge leg up on a lot of people. Good health is a huge blessing.
Our society is easy in many ways, and quite challenging in others. A high priority is placed on success, but there are other things that are also important. Friends, a warm bed, and a job are pretty relevant, too.
If you are clear on what you are trying to accomplish, and you are spending your time wisely, you are doing quite well. This is true even if the results have not revealed themselves yet. Have faith! Keep on keeping on!